We  are  Online   

Choosing The Best For Your Abroad Study In The USA

Quick Enquiry
Choosing The Best For Your Abroad Study In The USA

  Posted On: 22 May 2023

Choosing The Best For Your Abroad Study In The USA

So you have heard about quality education, diverse culture, and amazing environment for studying in the USA and now you want to go there as well to pursue your higher studies. Fair enough. But have you considered which states are ideal to study in USA? What? You didn’t think it through? Don’t worry - now that you know there are certain states that are best for studying, let’s find out which these are. 

What’s more, if you are falling short on funds or would like to work in order to spend weekends out or, even better, wish to have some extra money on your hands, you should be able to work and study simultaneously. But how can you do that as a global student? 

To help you choose the best for your study abroad experience, we will discuss all this in this article. This will include the best states to study in USA and how to work and study in USA for international students. So what are we waiting for? Let’s find out!

The Best States to Study in USA

#1: New York

Yes, you guessed it right! When it comes to the best states to study in USA, New York tops the list. And if you are always on the run, it is definitely your type. The state is unique for its inventiveness, convenience, resilience, and diversity. And being home to some of the world’s best universities like Columbia University, New York Univesity, and Cornell University, it is known for its quality education as well. 

If you love food, theatre, and books, we are telling you, you should definitely look for universities in New York!

#2: California

Global students choose California for its popular universities like the California Institute of Technology, the University of California Berkeley, and Stanford University. But this isn’t it. Students from across the world choose California for several other seasons like rich cultural history, diversity, extracurricular activities, and excellent facilities. 

#3: Texas

The last on our list of the best states to study in USA is Texas. The second-largest state of the USA is ideal for those willing to pursue further studies in technology (after all, it is home to tech giants such as Dell and AT&T!). Besides, it is rapidly advancing in several other fields like Oil and Gas, Business and Insurance, Aeronautics, and Renewable Energy. So if you are looking for a course in one of these areas, we give you a thumbs up!

Besides, several international students find this state particularly ideal for several reasons, which include favorable climate conditions and budget-friendly tuition fees. And in fact, the most commonly chosen courses are tourism and travel management, banking and insurance, electrical engineering, and computer science engineering. 

Further, numerous universities in Texas are ranked among the best ones. These include the University of Houston, Texas A&M University, and the University of Texas. 

Work and Study in USA for International Students

Now, let’s talk about how to work and Study in USA for international students. By working while you study, you will not only get that extra cash but also get some experience on your resume, both of which are highly beneficial. 

We have a piece of good and bad news for those who want to work and study in USA with an M-1 visa. The bad news - if you are in the US with an M-1 visa, you are not ideally allowed to gain employment. The good news - if you are an M-1 visa holder, you can work only as a part of your practical training program, that too, not more than six months and you’ll have to apply for EAD beforehand.

Now those with F-1 and J-1 visas are good to go! Here are some rules about working as an F-1 and J-1 visa holder. 

F-1 Visa Holders

When it comes to work and Study in USA for international students, F-1 visa holders can go for part-time on-campus employment or even get indulged in CPT or Curricular Practical Training. This is usually 20 hours or less every week. Furthermore, as an F-1 visa holder, you can also work on optional practical training for a maximum of one year once you are done with your academic program. Remember, you cannot work off-campus during your first academic year. 

Now, who gets an F-1 visa? Those who are in the US for a full-time academic course. 

J-1 Visa Holders

If you want to get practical training in order to get done with your academic program, one that is not available in your nation, you get a J-1 visa. The employment options are the same as an F-1 visa, considering that you meet the requirements stated by the exchange visitor program.