Posted By: 15 November 2022
Diploma Courses in Canada | SIEC Education
Are you looking forward to a diploma course in Canada? If so, you have landed on the right page. In this blog, we will discuss with you all the important diploma courses that you can consider taking. And since the country is preferred by several students for pursuing courses, there are several universities in Canada that offer a variety of diploma courses. So, let’s delve right into the details.
World Education Services Canada
Canada offers world-class education services, which is why it is excellent for you to pursue your diploma course here. There are a number of advantages of studying diploma courses here, some of which are:
- Canada’s study visa process is typically easy, which is why you can get your student visa hassle-free by following a simple process.
- You can apply for a job, that too, full-time, as soon as you complete your degree. Thus, you’ll get to settle as soon as you complete your program.
- You can also opt for a change to a master’s degree during the course of your diploma.
- There are ample opportunities when it comes to working in Canada while studying. This means you can earn while exploring career prospects.
- Unlike the diploma fees in various other countries, the tuition fee in Canada for a diploma is affordable.
Sorts of Diploma Courses in Canada
In essence, there are two kinds of diploma courses that one can opt for in Canada. These are undergraduate diploma courses and postgraduate diploma courses. We have further mentioned some of the best ones below.
After completing your secondary education, one can go for undergraduate studies in significant areas. Some of the best undergraduate courses include:
- Hospitality management
- Pharmacy technician
- Business management
- Information technology
Post Graduate Diploma
A PG diploma in Canada can be both one-year long and two-year long.
- One-Year Graduate Diploma: These kinds of diploma courses comprise two to three semesters of studies, which cost nearly 10,000 to 15,000 Canadian Dollars, which is nearly 6 lac to 9 lac Indian Rupees. These kinds of courses aid in the enhancement of skills along with increasing the chances of employment in the field opted for.
- Two-Year Graduate Diploma: These kinds of diploma courses comprise four to six semesters of studies, which cost nearly 13,000 to 17,000 Canadian Dollars, which is nearly 7.6 lac to 10 lac Indian Rupees. The key benefit of pursuing such a diploma course is that it offers the student a choice to stay for 3 years for work.
Criteria for Eligibility
The key eligibility criteria to apply for a diploma course in the country are not complicated. Some of the major requirements include:
- A letter of recommendation
- A statement of purpose
- Clearing the IELTS exam with a minimum score. This score varies from one university to another.
- A high school education degree is crucial. In case you are applying for a postgraduate diploma course, the minimum necessity is a bachelor’s degree. Further, the minimum percentage criteria are set by institutions differently. Also, it varies from one degree to another as well.
Most Popular Diploma Courses in Canada
Based on your field of interest, you can opt from a variety of diploma courses while you study in Canada. Some of the most popular diploma courses among international students include:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Telecommunications
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Network Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Telecommunications Technician
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Network Administration
- Medical Office Administration
- Machine Learning
- Legal Office Administration
- Dental Office Administration
- Data Science and Big Data
- Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Business Management
- Business Administration
- Artificial Intelligence
- Accounting Administration
Top 11 Colleges for Diploma Courses in Canada
Some of the best colleges for pursuing a diploma course in the country are:
- St. Stephens College
- Niagara College
- Luther College
- North Island College
- Algonquin College
- Durham College
- University of Waterloo
- George Brown College
- Seneca College
- Humber College
- Centennial College
Tuition Fees for Pursuing PG Diploma
Several independent and private universities and colleges provide postgraduate diploma courses. The fees for the top colleges offering PG diploma in Canada for international students are:
- St. Stephens College - 6,00,000 INR
- Niagara College - 9,00,000 INR
- Luther College - 12,00,000 INR
- North Island College - 9,00,000 INR
- Algonquin College - 9,00,000 INR
- Durham College - 8,00,000 INR
- George Brown College - 3,00,000 INR
- Humber College - 10,00,000 INR
- Centennial College - 8,00,000 INR
- Fanshawe College - 4,00,000 INR
- Fleming College - 10,00,000 INR
- The Sheridan College - 11,00,000 INR
- Sault College - 9,00,000 INR