This article will give you a brief outline of current admission guidelines in Australia.
- 1. Contact SIEC experts or visit the nearest SIEC branch for a detailed counselling session to identify the right course and University, according to the student's interest, academics and financial ability.
- 2. Prepare the supporting documents along with a dually filled Application Form.
* The documents may vary depending on the course, institutes and student's qualification
- 3. Get the scanned copies of original documents for online submission of the application
- 4. Qualify minimum English language proficiency requirement
- Minimum language proficiency requirement for Diploma Courses: IELTS: Overall 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5
- Minimum language proficiency requirement for UG Courses: IELTS: Overall 6.0 or 6.5 with no individual band scores less than 6.0
- Minimum language proficiency requirement for PG Courses: IELTS: Overall 6.5, with no individual band less than 6.0
- 5. Check minimum academic entry requirement
- For Diploma: 55-60%
- For UG: 60-65% form CBSE/ICSE board and 70-75% from State board
- For PG: 50 % from Section 1 universities, 55 % from Section 2 universities and 60 % from Section 3 universities
- 6. Apply to the chosen University and receive Conditional/Unconditional Offer Letter
Student will receive the 'Letter of Offer' if the application is successful. The student is advised to read it carefully and respond to the institution by sending an acceptance letter.
- 7. Qualify GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) assessment which includes:
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Financial ability
- 8. Confirmation of Enrollment
After accepting the offer letter and payment of the fees, the student will receive an Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE) via email. The email will have information regarding the commencement of the course, course fee, and complete tenure of the course.
- 9. Visa Application
The student needs to proceed with the visa formalities, where the student needs to show the Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE) along with the visa application and documents* following are the mandatory documents required: *(documents might vary)
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE)
- Prove sufficient funds for airfare, course fee and accommodation costs
- Health and character certificate requirement
- Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC)
- Validate English language proficiency
- 10. Purchase Overseas Student Health Cover
It is necessary to purchase Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) for an Australian Visa. OSHC must cover the student as well as for the family member if travelling along with the student. Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) is required for the entire duration of your student visa.
For detailed assistance on the application process, schedule a free counselling session with the career experts at SIEC.