Posted By: 18 September 2023
Level 7 courses in New Zealand for international Students
New Zealand is a popular destination for international students seeking a quality and affordable education. New Zealand offers a unique study abroad experience with its breath-taking landscapes, high quality of living, low cost of living, plenty of research opportunities and environment consciousness of the government and citizens.
Hundreds of courses are available in New Zealand for students who want to study in the land of hills. Courses in New Zealand are divided into ten levels based on the course complexity as quoted by NZQL. Students can choose any course at an appropriate level according to their current qualifications. The higher the level, the longer the time to complete it due to the requirements of credits to achieve full qualification.
In this blog, we will help you explore the level 7 courses available in New Zealand for international students.
Level 7 courses in New Zealand
Level 7 consists of the following degrees
- Bachelor’s degree,
- Graduate Diploma and
- Graduate certificates
If a student has completed a Bachelor’s Degree in any field in India, they can apply for the level 7 graduate Diploma course in New Zealand. On successful completion of the course, they qualify for the post study work visa in New Zealand.
A brief of the Level 7 courses in New Zealand
- Bachelor’s degree
Bachelor’s degree is an undergraduate programme which requires 3 years of full-time study. This course forms a base for Post-graduation. The Bachelor course requires a minimum of 72 of the total credits.
Following are the Level 7 Bachelor’s degree courses:
- Bachelor of Culinary Science
- Bachelor of Applied science
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Health, Sports and Human Performance
- Bachelor of Applied Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Applied Management
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Science, majoring in Ecology and Biodiversity
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Applied Information Technology
- Graduate certificate and Graduate Diploma
Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma are awarded to those who have a Bachelor’s degree or has adequate work experience in a particular field. A Graduate Certificate programme requires a minimum of 60 credits with a minimum of 40 at level 7 or above. The requirement of a Graduate Diploma programme is 120 credits with a minimum of 72 credits at level or above.
Following are the Level 7 Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma courses:
- Graduate Diploma in Information and communication Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Graduate Diploma in Business Information System
- Graduate Diploma in Health and Rehabilitation studies
- Graduate Diploma in Infection Risk Management
- Graduate Diploma in Tourism Innovation
- Graduate Diploma in Human resource Management
- Graduate Diploma in Operation and Production Management
- Graduate Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Graduate Diploma in Computing
- Graduate Diploma in Construction project Management
- Graduate Diploma in Commerce
- Graduate Diploma in Design Innovation
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Management
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
- Graduate Diploma in Recreation Management
- Graduate Diploma in Creativity Digital Media
- Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security
- Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Graduate Diploma in Viticulture Science
- Graduate Diploma in Fashion design and Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Management
Graduate Diploma and certification courses broaden skills in a particular discipline and develop equivalent practical, professional and education skills.
Basic Requirement to Study in New Zealand for International Student
International students are required to meet some eligibility criteria to get admission into their choice of subject. A 3-year Bachelor’s degree is accepted to get admission into a Graduate Certificate programme. A minimum of 55 per cent is required in their graduation. The requirement of marks may vary depending on the colleges and courses. International Students needs to fulfil the English language requirement, which they can do by providing IELTS or PTE test score. An overall band score of 6 or above is required to meet the basic requirement.
Level 7 courses in New Zealand help in enhancing knowledge in the respective field. These courses expose a student to several career opportunities. New Zealand provides world-class research opportunities. You can also stay and work for a full year after graduation. Hence, International Students are encouraged to do in-depth research to fulfil their requirements and get admission to New Zealand.
Be a part of New Zealand’s community outreach initiative and dedicated environmental sustainability programs. The World needs a make-over!