Posted By: 20 May 2023
Guiding Your BTech Journey in the USA like a Pro
The United States is renowned for its academic excellence and outstanding curriculum and this is true for courses associated with BTech. So if you want to study BTech in US and need some guidance, you have landed on the right page.
In this blog, we will guide your BTech journey in the USA. From the benefits of pursuing the course here to the cost of BTech in USA for Indian students, we will cover everything that you need to know before you start your journey.
So let’s delve right into the details!
Why Study BTech in US?
Before we share the details of pursuing a BTech in the US, let’s first tell you why you should choose the US for studying BTech.
- Career Prospects: Studying BTech in the USA means more opportunities for your career since several global companies are located here, which hire BTech graduates.
- Cultural Diversity: To study BTech in US means being exposed to a wide variety of cultures since several people from across the globe come here to pursue their higher education.
- Internship and Research Opportunities: According to several US study abroad consultants, US universities provide outstanding research facilities and prospects for indulging in top-notch research. Further, several US companies provide internship opportunities to global students. So if you are able to bag one, you will gain valuable work experience besides the ability to brag it on your resume.
- Quality Education: Last but not least, the United States is home to some of the best universities in the entire world.
Types of Degrees and Courses
In the US, you can choose from a range of degrees associated with BTech. These are as follows.
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech)
- B.S.E/Bachelor of Science in Engineering and B.A.Sc./ Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Science (B.Eng.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.)
- Bachelor of Science Engineering (B.Sc Eng.)
What’s more, you can pick from a variety of courses, which are enlisted below.
- Engineering Physics
- Nuclear Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics and Statics
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
Cost of BTech in USA for Indian Students
According to US study abroad consultants, several factors must be taken into account when considering the cost of BTech in USA for Indian students. These include living costs, tuition fees, and additional costs. We have discussed these in detail.
Living costs for studying in the USA are entirely dependent on your lifestyle. For example, a student who spends weekends at home reading books or working on assignments will spend lesser than someone who wishes to dine at a restaurant on a Saturday night. What’s more, your living costs will also be determined by the place you live in. In case you choose to study in New York City, it will cost you much more than living in any other city in the US.
On average, the living expenses for a month for an international student ranges between USD 1,500 and USD 2,500. This may include your personal expenses as well.
With regard to tuition fees, the cost of BTech in USA for Indian students is dependent on several factors such as the location of the university and the kind of institution one attends. However, you can typically expect the tuition fees to range from USD 20,000 to USD 60,000 for an academic year at a public university. For a private university, this can go as high as USD 75,000 for a year.
Some of the top universities where you should consider applying to for BTech are given below. For your assistance, we have also mentioned the tuition fees for one academic year.
Tuition Fees (for 1 Year)
Georgia Institute of Technology
The University of California, Berkeley
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
While considering the cost of BTech in USA for Indian students, you should also take into account the university application fee, visa application fee, fees for tests, SEVIS fees, travel expenses, and health insurance. Additionally, if you plan to take the advice of the US study abroad consultants, you will be required to pay fees for counseling as well.
Are You All Set to Apply?
Now that you are aware of everything associated with the cost of BTech in USA for Indian students, we believe you are ready to plan your budget and accordingly, apply for universities. Also, we highly recommend considering consulting the US study abroad consultants since they can guide you better on your personal BTech journey and answer any queries you have.