Posted By: 02 March 2022
Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in the USA
The United States of America is the highly preferred study destination amongst international students, primarily for students willing to pursue post-graduate programs. Being the home to the world's top universities, the US attracts scholastic students from all across the globe. The education system in the United States offers international students a wide range of institutions providing vast choices of courses and programs.
Undoubtedly, the States is amongst the most expensive places globally, and pursuing higher education needs a big budget. However, there are multiple ways that can support your education and make it affordable in the United States.
The educational institutions in the US focus more on internationalisation, which leads to an increase in the number of international scholarships and financial aid helping students study in the United States. According to the stats presented by the open door data, universities and colleges in the US have increased by 5.4%, and Indian students account for 17.9% of total international students. However, studying in the US can be affordable if one plans it in time and smartly avail the scholarships before deadlines. This article encircles the popular scholarships and financial aid for international students seeking admission in the United States of America.
Five popular Scholarships in the USA for Indian Students
Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
Offered to the outstanding students, Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowships are master's awards for US-accredited educational institutions. This financial aid is given to the students pursuing the following study areas like Arts and Culture Management including Museum studies and Heritage conservations, Environmental science, International Legal Studies, Public Administration, Higher Education Administration and many more.
- Candidates applying for these scholarships must have 3+ years of professional experience and are looking forward to returning and serving their homeland and community.
- This grant includes J-1 visa support, tuition fee, living and accommodation expenses, health and accidental cover as per the United States Government guidelines.
Official Website: www.usief.org.in
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships is for exceptionally talented students seeking admission in North America or Europe. This scholarship is restricted to the following educational fields: Business Studies, Engineering, Film Animation, Computer Science, Medicine, Music, Fashion Design and Public Health.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships offer financial aid of US$100,000.
- Suppose the student's expense, including the one-way travel, tuition fee and living expenses, is beyond the total value of the scholarship, i.e. US$100,000. In that case, the students must produce the proof stating the financial ability to cover the remaining amount beyond the scholarship at the time of interview.
- Students may show evidence of funds that completely covers the tuition fee, living and other expenses during the interview. As the foundation doesn't cover candidates, who are not fully funded.
- Official Website: www.inlaksfoundation.org
The Indian Trust Fellowship
The Indian Trust Fellowship offers students pursuing full-time MBA at the Booth School of Business in Chicago with financial aid valued at US$ 10,000 that covers the tuition fees. The Indian Trust Fellowships is granted to only two students every year.
- The candidate must prove academic excellence, co-curricular achievements, and skills to win this fellowship.
- The candidate seeking admission to Booth School can apply for this scholarship whether he/she is working or studying.
Tata Scholarships for Cornell University
In order to support the underprivileged and meritorious Indian students willing to pursue education in the US, the Tata Education and Development Trust provided funding of around $25 million to Cornell University. A total of 20 scholarships are offered to deserving students every year.
Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
Another Indian multinational conglomerate company, Reliance Industries Limited, in collaboration with Stanford GSB, produced Standford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship. They collaborated to support the excellent Indian students with studying opportunities at the Stanford Graduate Business School. The scholarship supports up to 5 students every year.
Scholarship Value: Total of US$ 150,000 approximately
- This scholarship covers the tuition and associate fees for the two-year MBA program.
- Candidates winning the award are expected to return to India and work with the Indian originated companies within two years of completing the MBA program.
Official Website: www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/mba/financial-aid
This isn't it; there are various scholarships for Indian students willing to study in the USA, such as Lady Meherbau D. Tata Education Trust Scholarships, TOEFL Scholarships and many more. Fulfil your dream of studying in a leading research and technology hub, connect with our expert counsellors, and find the best-suited course in the USA.